More than likely, you have heard of cosmetic dentistry. This is a form of dentistry in which a Cosmetic Dentist Hazelwood MO performs procedures that are meant to enhance or improve the overall appearance of your smile, mouth, and teeth. While these are typically elective procedures, in some cases, these procedures do offer restorative benefits. Following are five of the most common types of cosmetic procedures:
- Inlays/Onlays: these are made by a dental lab and are also referred to as indirect fillings. These are typically used when a tooth has moderate decay or there is not enough natural tooth structure to support a regular filling. Inlays and onlays are made with resin and attached to your teeth with dental cement. They help to strengthen your teeth, avoid further deterioration/decay, and restore their shape.
- Composite Bonding: this procedure refers to the repair of discolored, damaged, or decayed teeth and involves a material that is very similar to the color of tooth enamel. Your dentist will drill out the decay and apply the composite material. He/she will then sculpt it into the proper shape and cure it with a high-intensity light beam.
- Dental Veneers: these are usually manufactured from medical-grade ceramic and are personalized to each individual person according to their natural teeth. These are made to look real and will resolve a variety of cosmetic dental problems. Your dentist will apply it to your teeth using an adhesive.
- Teeth Whitening: this is one of the most basic procedures when it comes to cosmetic dentistry. Teeth bleaching/whitening can be done in the comfort of your dentist’s office. Of course, this process should only be done after teeth are cleaned and their natural appearance has been restored. Over the years, your teeth will become worn and stained due to medications, personal habits, food, and drinks.
- Implants: this cosmetic dental procedure is one which is used to replace teeth after they are lost. The dentist will insert a small screw into the jaw where the tooth is missing, which is a support for a crown. Implants are typically indistinguishable from the natural teeth and will be secured permanently in place.
If you are considering having a cosmetic dentistry procedure done, it is critical that you find a cosmetic dentist who offers the options that you are interested in. Consider asking friends and family for recommendations.Comments Off on Types of Cosmetic Dentistry